The chosen candidate will be responsible for a range of administrative duties for Alibi Ale Works Brewery and Taproom. The ideal candidate is detailed, organized, flexible and an enthusiastic team player.
Duties and responsibilities
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Financial – enter daily sales, accounts payable, accounts receivable, attend monthly P&L reviews with management. Assist in year-end tax prep as needed.
- Payroll – enter weekly payroll including tips, PTO, deductions, etc.; assist staff with payroll issues.
- Systems Management – manage POS, brewery inventory and accounting systems including but not limited to adding new inventory items, updating pricing, and communicating with outside accounting partners.
- Provide general support to management and staff as needed.
- Onboarding – assist in onboarding new employees including hiring paperwork and direct deposit.
- Training – assist in scheduling orientations and tracking training for new employees. Maintain up to date records on certifications and licenses.
- Employee Relations – maintain up to date staff contact information, update necessary systems including Homebase and RSI. Provide employee assistance with benefits administration as needed.
- Stay up to date on relevant state & federal regulations.
- Assist in the timely and accurate filing of any garnishments, workers comp claims, labor and workers comp audits, etc.
- Keg Sales – ring and record customer keg sales, manage keg deposit tracking and return procedure.
- Inventory Management – serve as the point person for Ekos brewery management software. Receive raw materials, maintain finished goods inventory and packaging log, record end of period inventory checks.
- Invoicing and Accounts Receivable – responsible for weekly invoicing to taprooms and distributors as well as maintaining accounts receivable tracking and payment receipts.
- Analysis and Optimization – assist with analytical deep dives into optimizing brewery performance (e.g. building custom spreadsheets to better understand cost of production, efficiencies, losses, etc.)
- Write weekly newsletter and radio live-reads
- Update event calendars: Google Calendar, Facebook events, Untappd events
- Create event posters and web graphics
- Assist with client coordination, planning, promotion, billing and execution of private and public events (e.g. corporate events, wedding receptions, beer dinners, etc)
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Minimum 2yrs experience in an Administrative position
- Strong professional etiquette and communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational habits
- Strong computer skills required (particularly Excel and Word)
- Problem solving, analytical, and organizational skills
- Prior cash handling, customer service and POS experience
- Knowledge of policies and procedures and current developments in local, state, and federal laws applicable to payroll, HR, and hiring.
- Flexible schedule, ability to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Team player, ability to effectively communicate with managers and co-workers
- Bookkeeping experience a plus
- Prior work experience in the restaurant/hospitality industry
- Craft beer knowledge and appreciation, extended knowledge of beer a plus
- Degree or Certifications in related industry preferred (i.e. Business admin, finance, marketing, bookkeeping)
Working Conditions & physical requirements
- Candidates should be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- The noise level in the work environment is often moderate to loud.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time
- Consistently demonstrates professional appearance and demeanor
The selected candidate will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment background check. To work for Alibi Ale Works, candidate must be a minimum of 21 year of age.