The chosen candidate will be responsible for supporting all Beertender operations for Alibi Ale Works. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, knowledgeable and passionate about craft beer, knows how to provide exceptional customer service by personalizing experiences, has excellent communications skills, and is an all-around team player.
Duties and responsibilities
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Change out kegs, batched cocktails, and garnishes as needed.
- Maintain overall appearance and cleanliness of bar and bar area (i.e. wipe down surfaces, push in chairs and stools, arrange menus, collect empty glasses, stock service caddies, etc).
- Clean and sanitize glassware, work stations and equipment. Ensure Beertenders are always equipped with clean glassware
- Check and restock ice bins as needed
- Perform bussing responsibilities at the bar and in the bar section
- Help Beertenders with any task needed to keep them available to sell beer and food to customers
- Ensure Beertenders are always equipped with clean towels
- Assist in inputting orders into POS system
- Perform frequent restroom checks for cleanliness
- Clean up of spills or other accidents as needed
- Maintain the proper storage locations for all glasses and bar equipment
- Stock all supplies for hand washing stations
- Removal of garbage and recycling to the proper location, replacing liners as needed
- Follow all opening and closing procedures during each shift
- Always provides the highest quality of service to customers
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of policies and procedures and current developments in local, state, and federal laws applicable to the service of alcohol, safe food handling, health standards etc
- Flexible schedule must be able to work evening, weekends, and holidays
- Team player, ability to effectively communicate with managers and co-workers
- Passionate about craft beer
- Craft beer knowledge and appreciation, extended knowledge of beer a plus
- Prior job experience in brewery or tap room
- Certifications in related industry preferred, i.e. Cicerone
- Takes initiative for self-development in areas of craft beer and industry sales
Working Conditions & physical requirements
- Candidates should be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- Must be able to move a keg of beer, 165 pounds
- Must be able to stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time
- Possesses professional appearance and demeanor
The selected candidate will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment background check. And must obtain Alcohol and Food Serving Certification. To work for Alibi Ale Works, candidate must be a minimum of 21 year of age.