The chosen candidate will be responsible for all daily bar operations for Alibi Ale Works. Beertenders facilitate the guest experience by greeting and serving customers, providing education about Alibi products, stocking the bar, serving drinks, and maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of the bar. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, knowledgeable and passionate about craft beer, knows how to provide exceptional customer service by personalizing experiences, has excellent communications skills, and is an all-around team player.
Duties and responsibilities
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Represent Alibi Ale Works as a brand Ambassador!
- Exhibit strong knowledge of craft beer and related products (training provided)
- Provide excellent customer service to visitors. Greet and serve visitors in a positive and friendly way, treat everyone like a regular.
- Complete opening and/or closing duties in accordance with SOPs including setting up the bar with attention to sanitation, restocking coolers and bar supplies, and maintaining a safe clean environment
- Serve beers/beverages, fill growlers, change kegs, update menu boards
- Pour beers/beverages for floor service
- Answer questions and educate guests about Alibi Ale Works, our beers, how to sample beers, the differences between beer styles, as well as the history and culture around Alibi Ale Works
- Promote our food menu and other items we offer for sale such as merchandise
- Issue bills and accept payment, minimize waste by ensuring all sales go through POS
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience in the beverage and guest service industry
- Prior cash handling, POS experience
- Knowledge of policies and procedures and current developments in local, state, and federal laws applicable to the service of alcohol, safe food handling, health standards etc
- Flexible schedule must be able to work evening, weekends, and holidays
- Team player, ability to effectively communicate with managers and co-workers
- Passionate about craft beer
- Craft beer knowledge and appreciation, extended knowledge of beer a plus
- Prior job experience in brewery or tap room
- Certifications in related industry preferred, i.e. Cicerone
- Takes initiative for self-development in areas of craft beer and industry sales
Working Conditions & physical requirements
- Candidates should be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time
- Possesses professional appearance and demeanor
The selected candidate will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment background check. And must obtain Alcohol and Food Serving Certification. To work for Alibi Ale Works, candidate must be a minimum of 21 year of age.