The chosen candidate is responsible for maintaining the efficiency and smooth work flow between the kitchen and the guests for various meal periods, and Special/Catered Events. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and passionate about craft beer, and food.
Duties and responsibilities
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the efficient flow of orders from the Tabletenders and Beertenders
- Ensure the orders are being prepared with the correct priority and are prepared on time
- Assist in the final preparation of dishes and check before delivery for accuracy in, presentation and temperature
- Serve as a contact point between the kitchen and the order taker (e.g. special requests, errors, and complaints)
- Deliver orders as needed to maintain a fast-paced service environment
- Ensure adherence to all relevant quality and sanitation rules and regulations, in accordance with current applicable HACCP policies/procedures, and federal/state laws.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness training and maintains up to date knowledge of special diets requirements and allergens.
- Sets up workstation with all needed ingredients and equipment. May cook daily to order foods that may require short preparation time.
- Clean and sanitize work stations and equipment.
- Always provides the highest quality of service to customers.
- Maintain kitchen safety standards, including participating in regular meetings, trainings and Hazard assessments. Responsible for reporting all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience working as a food expeditor, cook, or server
- Knowledge of policies and procedures and current developments in local, state, and federal laws applicable to the service of alcohol, safe food handling, health standards etc
- Team player, ability to effectively communicate with managers and co-workers
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- Demonstrates basic math and counting skills.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and professional appearance.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives
- Must be able to maintain a flexible schedule, including working nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Craft beer knowledge and appreciation a plus.
- Takes initiative for self-development in the areas of craft beer; i.e. certifications in a related industry such as Cicerone.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to use a computer.
Working Conditions & physical requirements
- Candidates should be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time.
- Possesses professional appearance and demeanor.
The selected candidate will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment background check. And must obtain Alcohol and Food Serving Certification. To work for Alibi Ale Works, candidate must be a minimum of 21 years of age.