Lead Line Cook- Truckee
The chosen candidate will oversee all food preparation programs at Alibi Truckee. The Lead Line Cook will be responsible for accurately and efficiently prepping, portioning, cooking, and presenting a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and passionate about craft beer, and food.
Duties and responsibilities
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure Alibi culinary standards are upheld by maintaining the recipe book, and insuring recipes are being followed by the culinary team to insure consistency in food quality and appearance.
- Cook daily and oversees the daily food production, and prepping of a staff of Line Cooks, Prep Cooks, and Dishwashers that cook to order foods that may require short preparation time.
- Help develop menus, tastes product, estimates food requirements, and keeps records in order to accurately plan for production requirements and requisition of supplies and equipment.
- Follow basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption.
- Instructs others to operate a variety of kitchen equipment to measure, cook, and mix ingredients. Including; washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, trimming and cutting meat, poultry or fish for culinary use.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness training and maintains up to date knowledge of special diets requirements and allergens. Responsible for preparation of meals for customers requiring special diets.
- Prepares food in accordance with current applicable HACCP policies/procedures, and federal/state laws.
- Receive foodstuffs and supplies. Assist in proper rotation and organization of inventory.
- Scheduling of kitchen staff including Cooks, Prep Cooks, and Dishwashers.
- Maintain the cleaning checklists, and cleaning schedule for the kitchen. May clean and sanitize work stations and equipment.
- Works with the Assistant Manager and General Manager to plan for upcoming events that may require more, or less food production.
- Maintain kitchen safety standards, including participating in regular meetings, trainings and Hazard assessments. Responsible for reporting all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Have the ability and willingness to develop and train back of house employees.
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong culinary background with a passion for food, and innovation, shows a desire and ability to stay current with new culinary tends. Processes high expectations for customer service and quality of food.
- Proven knowledge of various food preparations methods, proper knife handling, and food safety regulations such as proper food handling, sanitation, and storage.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, past leadership experience preferred.
- Current Certification as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
- Familiarity of a variety of kitchen equipment.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- Demonstrates basic math and counting skills.
- Must be able to read and follow a recipe unsupervised.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and professional appearance.
- Must be able to maintain a flexible schedule, including working nights, weekends and most holidays.
- Demonstrates excellent time management skills.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Craft beer knowledge and appreciation a plus.
- Takes initiative for self-development in the areas of craft beer; i.e. certifications in a related industry such as Cicerone.
- Knowledge of food safety regulations such as proper food handling, sanitation, and storage.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential. Familiarity of a variety of kitchen equipment.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to use a computer.
Working Conditions & physical requirements
- Candidates should be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time.
- Possesses professional appearance and demeanor.
The selected candidate will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment background check. And must obtain Alcohol and Food Serving Certification. To work for Alibi Ale Works, candidate must be a minimum of 21 years of age.