The chosen candidate is responsible for assisting cooks, chefs, or food service managers by accurately and efficiently prepping, portioning, cooking, and presenting a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods, and Special/Catered Events on and off site. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and passionate about craft beer, and food.
Duties and responsibilities
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Follow basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption.
- Operates a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry or fish for culinary use.
- Sets up workstation with all needed ingredients and equipment. May cook daily to order foods that may require short preparation time.
- Clean and sanitize work stations and equipment.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness training and maintains up to date knowledge of special diets requirements and allergens. Responsible for preparation of meals for customers requiring special diets.
- Always provides the highest quality of service to customers.
- Prepares food in accordance with current applicable HACCP policies/procedures, and federal/state laws.
- Maintain kitchen safety standards, including participating in regular meetings, trainings and Hazard assessments. Responsible for reporting all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Receive foodstuffs and supplies. Assist in proper rotation and organization of inventory.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Culinary background with a passion for food, and innovation, shows a desire and ability to stay current with new culinary tends. Processes high expectations for customer service and quality of food.
- Knowledge of various food preparation methods, proper knife handling, and food safety regulations such as proper food handling, sanitation, and storage.
- Familiarity of a variety of kitchen equipment.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- Demonstrates basic math and counting skills.
- Must be able to read and follow a recipe unsupervised.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and professional appearance.
- Must be able to maintain a flexible schedule, including working nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Craft beer knowledge and appreciation a plus.
- Takes initiative for self-development in the areas of craft beer; i.e. certifications in a related industry such as Cicerone.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to use a computer.
Working Conditions & physical requirements
- Candidates should be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time.
- Possesses professional appearance and demeanor.
The selected candidate will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment background check. And must obtain Alcohol and Food Serving Certification. To work for Alibi Ale Works, candidate must be a minimum of 18 years of age.