The chosen candidate will be responsible for daily sales and serving operations for Alibi Ale Works. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, knowledgeable and passionate about craft beer, knows how to provide exceptional customer service by personalizing guests' experiences, and is an all-around team player.
Duties and responsibilities
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Represent Alibi Ale Works as a brand Ambassador!
- Exhibit strong knowledge of craft beer and related products (training provided)
- Greet customers upon entrance and provide an enjoyable experience through atmosphere, pace, quality of service and positive attitude
- Complete opening and/or closing duties in accordance with SOPs including preparing tables with attention to sanitation, restocking basic supplies, and maintaining a safe clean environment
- Help customers select food/beverages
- Provide knowledgeable answers to questions or make menu recommendations
- Collaborate with other servers and kitchen/bar staff
- Deal with complaints or problems with a professional and positive attitude
- Run food and clear tables as needed
- Issue bills and accept payment
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience working as a server or host
- Prior cash handling, POS experience
- Knowledge of policies and procedures and current developments in local, state, and federal laws applicable to the service of alcohol, safe food handling, health standards etc
- Flexible schedule must be able to work evening, weekends, and holidays
- Team player, ability to effectively communicate with managers and co-workers
- Passionate about craft beer
- Craft beer knowledge and appreciation, extended knowledge of beer a plus
- Prior job experience in brewery or tap room
- Certifications in related industry preferred, i.e. Cicerone
- Takes initiative for self-development in areas of craft beer and industry sales
Working Conditions & physical requirements
- Candidates should be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time
- Possesses professional appearance and demeanor
The selected candidate will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment background check. And must obtain Alcohol and Food Serving Certification. To work for Alibi Ale Works, candidate must be a minimum of 21 year of age.